Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
At Scholar Rock, we are leveraging our deep structural and mechanistic understanding of growth factors to develop best-in-class antibody-based therapeutics across multiple disease areas. We are expanding our antibody discovery capabilities by establishing state of the art phage/yeast display and lead-optimization platforms. We are seeking an outstanding and highly motivated scientist with high-throughput antibody screening and molecular biology experience to join our Antibody Discovery and Engineering team. This person will play a hands-on role in generation, panning and screening of phage or yeast display libraries and the biophysical characterization of potential drug candidates. This position provides an opportunity to learn cutting-edge drug discovery technologies, exposure to the biology across multiple disease areas with unmet needs, and to be a part of a high-functioning inter-disciplinary drug development team.
- Conduct antibody phage display selections against Scholar Rock’s internal targets
- Bacterial expression and high throughput screening of phage-selected antibody fragments for a range of characteristics, including antigen binding, species cross-reactivity, and V-Gene sequence
- Manage antibody screening experiments, including sample preparation, clone tracking, binding assays, and DNA sequence analysis.
- Analyze, collate and present antibody characterization data to facilitate antibody lead selection
- Conduct molecular biology activities involved in antibody re-formatting from fragments to full IgG
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure timely progress in research projects
- BA/BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science field with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with high-throughput antibody binding screens, molecular biology and antibody sequence analysis is required
- Experience in bacterial/mammalian protein expression and purification is required
- Experience with phage display or related antibody library selection technique is preferable
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with methods of antibody optimization and engineering
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized and have strong work ethics
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities
- Ability to work independently; proactively address issues and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, collaborators, and CROs
- Have flexibility and the ability to work in a matrix-managed research environment