Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for operational support in Accounts Payable as well as month end closing activities in areas including cash, expense reports, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and accruals. This position represents a great opportunity to join a small finance department and have fun helping us shape the future state of finance & accounting at Scholar Rock! In this group, you will use your current skill set to help put structure in place and you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn from the rest of the team and expand your knowledge base - You'll get lots of exposure to different types of transactions in a small department!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily cash tracking to ensure all activity is recorded and accounted for
- Review of expense reports to ensure internal accuracy and compliance with company policy
- Preparing month end closing entries
- Reconciling prepaid accounts
- Tracking fixed assets and recording depreciation
- Reconciling credit card transactions
- Maintaining full-cycle AP processes
- Additional projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience working in a Pharmaceutical or Biotech company highly desired
- Exposure to ERP systems preferred
- 3-5 years experience in accounting role
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task
- We are looking for a driven, curious individual who is excited to dive in and must be able to work independently and take initiative
- Strong organization and communication skills are required
- Strong excel and computer skills are required
- Quickbooks experience desired but not required