Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated & agile Sr. Manager of HR Operations who will report to our SVP of Human Resources. This position offers a great opportunity to work closely with the HR team as well as Finance, Legal, IT and others to design and build HR processes, systems and policies for our rapidly growing company. This is a broad-based role that will touch HRIS, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, and Employee Relations. The ideal candidate will possess a strong knowledge of HR practices, processes and program management and manage multiple projects. Out of the box thinking to help add to our distinctive employer brand is highly preferred!
- Drive the creation and execution of the HR Operations strategy in partnership with business stakeholders, the HR team and senior leadership.
- Design and oversee onboarding and off-boarding processes.
- Serve as a trusted resource for employees with questions around policies, benefits & other routine inquiries; look to build intranet and self-service capabilities to make HR information and services more accessible to employees and management.
- Design and oversee Company’s approach for creating and maintaining employee records and files, ensuring integrity, confidentiality and security of employee data in accordance with relevant laws and standards.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure an optimized and compliant ATS system.
- Oversee administration of Total Rewards programs, including compensation, benefits and disability programs.
- Work closely with internal and external Legal counsel to ensure policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance with employment laws.
- Ensure the timely reporting of 1095 C-Filing, and other required reporting for IRS or government entities as the Company grows.
- Support the creation of insightful reporting on HR, Benefits, Compensation and Recruiting activities for senior management.
- In close partnership with other G&A functions, continuously seek opportunities to optimize and automate HR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Master’s in HR, Business or Information Technology strongly preferred.
- A strong understanding of HR technologies and HR processes including Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Performance and Talent Management.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity and shifting priorities; the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-growing and innovative business where prioritization and efficiency are key.
- Superior organizational skills, project management abilities, and excellent attention to detail.
- Passion for creating process improvements and leading process design projects.
- Creative approach to solving problems.
- Demonstrated record of team building, collaboration and strategic leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- 7+ years’ work experience in an HR Operations and/or Employee Relations function.
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.