Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
Scholar Rock is seeking a team-oriented individual who will be a critical member of the small but expanding legal team. The Associate Director, Legal Services is a highly visible position that will engage with all functions within the company. The individual will be responsible for contract management activities, drafting and filing various securities filings, updating and maintaining corporate records, and researching and advising on various compliance-related matters and other legal matters that arise in a dynamic, clinical-stage, publicly-traded biotech. The individual will lead contract management activities, including drafting and negotiating contracts and working cross-functionally to implement processes and systems for managing the agreement execution process. The individual will also be responsible for drafting various securities filings, including Section 16 filings, assisting with corporate governance activities including maintaining the corporate records and minute books, and providing support to the VP, Head of Corporate Legal as other legal matters arise.
- Draft, revise, and negotiate contracts including CDAs, MSAs, MTAs, consulting agreements, clinical trial agreements, and research agreements
- Review and update existing contract templates and draft new contract templates
- Work cross-functionally with all company employees, including the finance, research and development functions, and third party vendors to execute contracts and ensure agreements and POs include necessary legal terms
- Help implement and manage contracting and document retention processes
- Draft, review and file Section 16 filings and 8-Ks and assist with other securities filings
- Maintain the corporate records including preparing Board and committee materials, drafting resolutions, minutes and other corporate documents, and maintaining legal entity records
- Track compliance with company policies, including code of conduct and insider trading policy
- Provide legal support for other securities, corporate governance, compliance and general legal related matters as new matters come up
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in the life sciences/pharma industry drafting and negotiating contracts, including familiarity with clinical trial agreements, required
- Familiarity with Section 16 filings and other securities filings preferred
- Familiarity with managing corporate minutes and Board books preferred
- Attention to detail and strong organization and time management skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.