Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
Scholar Rock seeks an individual who enjoys working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment to assist the legal team with a wide variety of responsibilities, including maintaining the corporate records, drafting and filing various securities filings, implementing and monitoring compliance initiatives, implementing processes and systems for contracts/agreements, and assisting with other public-company, corporate governance, compliance and legal matters.
This position is a newly created position within a small but growing legal team at Scholar Rock, and the individual will be a critical member of the legal team who enjoys working collaboratively and cross-functionally to implement new systems and processes. The position will report into the VP, Head of Corporate Legal.
- Maintain the corporate records including preparing Board and committee materials, helping draft resolutions, minutes and other corporate documents, and assisting with the annual Board review of charters, policies, and procedures
- Maintain legal entity records and make necessary corporate filings, including annual reports
- Track compliance with various company policies and trainings, including, but not limited to insider trading policy and preclearance process, code of conduct, and other policies
- Draft, review and file Section 16 filings and assist with other securities filings
- Work cross-functionally with all company employees and third party vendors to execute contracts and ensure POs, SOWs, NDAs, and certain agreements include necessary legal terms
- Track legal budget and quarterly spend
- Track and obtain necessary signatures for patent related documents
- Provide legal support for other corporate governance, compliance and legal related matters as new matters come up
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university required
- Five or more years’ experience working as a corporate paralegal in the life sciences/pharma industry, including at a biotechnology company, preferred
- Familiarity with Section 16 filings and other securities filings (8-K, 10-K, 10-Q, proxy statement) preferred
- Familiarity with managing corporate minutes and Board books preferred, including use of Board management software
- Attention to detail and strong organization and time management skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat required
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.