Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
Scholar Rock is seeking a motivated Principal Scientist level antibody drug hunter to develop and execute innovative strategies to identify novel therapeutic antibodies with unprecedented specificity. The candidate will design and lead antibody discovery and/or engineering campaigns using in vitro display technologies for lead antibody discovery/selection/development while having opportunities to provide project leadership in a multi-disciplinary fast paced research group.
- Develop and execute research strategies to enable the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies for Scholar Rock therapeutic programs
- Design and execute antibody discovery and/or engineering (eg affinity maturation, humanization) campaigns using in vitro display technologies for lead antibody discovery/selection/development
- Experience with phage and or yeast display highly preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have ability to collaborate with biology/pharmacology groups to develop and implement research to gain a detailed mechanistic understanding of the molecular pharmacology of therapeutic molecules
- Collaborate with biology colleagues to generate appropriate in vitro / cellular / in vivo data packages supporting PoC
- Working with Protein Sciences/Biochemistry groups to help design and generate antigens to support campaigns and to gain structural insights into therapeutic antibody-target interactions.
- Generate internal and external collaborations as necessary to further program goals
- Drive antibody/ADC discovery programs within a multidisciplinary research group in an exciting, fast-paced team environment
- Ph.D. in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering or closely related fields with 8+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Significant research experience as demonstrated by track record of publications and scientific accomplishments
- Hands-on experience with in vitro antibody discovery display technologies (e.g., phage, yeast display)
- Antibody/antibody fragment library design and construction
- Experience in antibody engineering and optimization (e.g., humanization, Fc optimization)
- Deep understanding of antibody structure and function
- Experience with analytical and developability assays/techniques for detailed antibody characterization
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills
- Keen ability to engage internal and external scientific leaders in collaborative research
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work in a collaborative environment with functional and therapeutic areas
- Adapt to rapid changes in project priorities and timelines
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.