Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
As a fast-paced, growing biotechnology company, Scholar Rock is looking for a Director of Facilities. This role will be pivotal to Scholar Rock’s near and long term success, and will be viewed as an influencer in the organization. Candidates for this role should be collaborative, open-minded and a positive change agent for the organization.
If you are a highly self-motivated, driven individual who enjoys the challenges and opportunities available in a growing and transformative organization, this will be a chance for you to apply yourself, learn and deliver. You thrive in an environment where you are involved in both the strategy (the bigger picture) and in the execution. As a catalyst for the organization, you value proactive collaboration and teamwork to be successful.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all facilities related issues in Scholar Rock’s Cambridge office and laboratory spaces, acting as liaison to property management, contractors, and personnel
- Responsible for EH&S, including management of chemical inventory and engaging with consultants and agencies to be in compliance with all relevant codes
- Interface with functional areas to maintain safe working conditions in labs and common spaces, and that all relevant personnel are trained accordingly
- Monitor and maintain building functions, including lighting, HVAC, backup power, life safety, and all other building support functions, working closely with outside facilities engineers as necessary
- Oversee facility planning, design, and execution, including reconfiguration and expansion
- Work with Finance and Legal to obtain contract bids, negotiating contracts and pricing as necessary
- Oversee all aspects of lab management including preventative maintenance on lab equipment, shipping and receiving, lab efficiencies
- Interface with Federal, State, County, and City agencies as required for ongoing operations
- Hiring and management of facilities personnel
- Manage janitorial services at all local facilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience in similar function
- 10+ years of facilities management experience
- EH&S management experience
- Prior experience in Biotech desired, ideally with GMP and ISO experience
- Demonstrated success in maintaining similar size and function facilities (approximately 40,000-60,000+ square feet, 60% lab, 40% office), including build-outs, moves, renovations, and reconfigurations
- Capability to communicate with all levels of employees and outside vendors and contractors
- Demonstrated strong collaborative skills
- Strong oral, writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Well organized and stays on schedule, able to function under pressure in a rapidly changing environment, emphasis on quality
- Experience with tools and simple mechanical, plumbing and electrical work. Able to supervise trades as necessary.
- Able to lift and move up to 70 lbs., ideally forklift certified and experienced working with rigging companies to move heavy, expensive, and delicate equipment safely
- Experience maintaining autoclaves, laboratory dishwashers, DI systems, CDA, vacuum and other laboratory systems
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.