Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
We are actively seeking an Associate Director of Alliance Management and Business Development to lead the alliance management activities here at Scholar Rock, including for our recently announced collaboration with Gilead Sciences, Inc. This individual will play a critical role in ensuring the success of current and future partnerships, and will also have the opportunity to contribute to additional business development activities. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-paced, innovative biotech company and play an important role in our mission to deliver new medicines for patients with serious diseases.
- Manage collaborations to maximize value for Scholar Rock and its partners and ensure that key collaboration goals are achieved.
- Ensure effective communication and governance.
- Proactively identify issues and work with internal and external stakeholders to identify creative “win-win” solutions.
- Develop agendas, manage partner meetings, and document key decisions.
- Maintain project timelines and budgets in collaboration with Project Leaders and Finance.
- Participate in business development activities, including due diligence, term sheet drafting, and agreement negotiation as needed to support partnering efforts with academia and industry.
- BS/BA degree required in biomedical or related field, advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Strong business acumen and understanding of drug development
- Excellent project management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Experience in business development, contracts, and alliance governance
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in fast-paced environment and build strong cross-functional relationships
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.