Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
The R&D IT role reports to the Sr. Director of IT and will initially partner closely with Research but could expand to other areas of the organization. Candidates for this role should be collaborative, open-minded, and driven by building scalable and robust environment to meet the needs of a growing biotechnology company.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to help a fast-growing life sciences organization build a robust R&D IT portfolio. This is a high impact, high visibility role! You will form close partnerships with many departments across the company and immediately have influence on not only the applications but also business processes, operational efficiency, and how IT can help advance the capabilities of the organization.
If you are a highly self-motivated, driven individual who enjoys the challenges and opportunities available in a growing and transformative organization, this will be a chance for you to apply yourself, learn and deliver. You thrive in an environment where you are involved in both the strategy (the bigger picture) and in the execution. As a catalyst for fostering innovation through the use of technology, you value proactive collaboration and teamwork to be successful.
- Managing projects from small/micro projects to enterprise scale following an SDLC methodology
- Managing vendors, including contractors and consultants
- Requirements gathering and business analysis
- Presenting to groups in settings such as application demos and trainings
- Application roadmap development which aligns personal, department and corporate goals
- Compliance requirements such as 21 CFR Part 11
- 5+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology setting, GxP exposure strongly preferred.
- Significant exposure to planning the implementation and continued improvement of R&D Applications and Systems including: ELN, LIMS, SDMS, lab automation, document management, statistical analysis & visualization tools such as Spotfire.
- Proven ability to work autonomously on projects and be willing and able to adapt to new responsibilities.
- While technical aptitude is appreciated, we deeply value soft skills such as creativity, interpersonal, written and communication skills
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.