Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
Scholar Rock is currently seeking a Director of Information Technology that will be responsible for driving the company’s IT infrastructure, processes, procedures and initial strategic direction. This will be a hands on role, leveraging the successful candidate’s expertise in modern IT approaches to create and support operational efficiency throughout the organization. The Director of IT will select and implement technology solutions to transform the way the company communicates and how financial, research, and other relevant data are managed, accessed, analyzed, and visualized.
- Create, maintain and update standardized corporate IT practices, policies & procedures
- Plan and execute the acquisition and installation of infrastructure and applications to support the needs of Finance, Research, Development, and Operations groups.
- Enable business process efficiency by proactively coordinating with other departments to determine opportunities and implement strategies to improve productivity and carry out their work through the utilization of IT systems and services.
- Implement and oversee strategies and activities related to cyber security and compliance.
- Work in partnership with management in strategic and business planning.
- Plan and manage IT processes using a clear project prioritization framework.
- Interact with internal staff to ensure high-level service to internal and external clients.
- Consistently analyze, evaluate, and recommend improvements in IT applications, infrastructure and architecture - both on-premises and in S3 compatible cloud environments.
- Plan, budget, and manage the purchase, implementation, and support of all infrastructure utilizing in- house and external resources
- Oversee the support of day to day IT needs of the staff
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or equivalent computer/technology-based degree
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in network/systems management and support in addition to 2 years of management and administration experience is required
- Experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company required; experience in R&D a plus
- Exposure to Validated Systems and Compliance
- Experience working within a public company required, SOX 404 exposure desirable. Must thrive in a fast paced, growing environment
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong business process knowledge and application of technology solutions is required
- Experience with making infrastructure and application decisions, on-site vs. hosted, etc.
- Experienced in managing multi-platform, distributed environments (servers, networks, applications, systems monitoring and management
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.