Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
At Scholar Rock, our mission is to help patients with serious illnesses through innovative thinking, cutting edge science, and a passion for discovering and developing novel therapeutics. We’re seeking an outstanding, motivated scientist with assay development experience to join our R&D team. This person will play a hands-on role in establishing pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and biomarker assays to evaluate novel therapeutic antibodies. The role provides exposure across the drug discovery process, as the successful candidate will support characterization and development of potential drugs at the research, preclinical, and clinical stages, playing a critical role in each.
- Contribute to developing and executing a broad range of quantitative assays, including pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, biomarker, immunogenicity, ligand binding, and cell based assays to measure mechanism of action and potency.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Analyze, interpret and report experimental results in a small group setting.
- BA/BS or MS in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience in drug discovery research.
- Candidates must have experience designing, developing, and performing ELISAs and/or mammalian cell-based functional assays.
- Experience working with biologics or antibodies is desirable.
- Experience with the development of pharmacokinetic and/or pharmacodynamic assays for therapeutic antibody drug discovery programs is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including experimental design and execution, in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and propose creative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to succeed in a small, interactive, ambitious and entrepreneurial drug-discovery environment.
- Have a strong work ethic and high level of motivation.
- Have flexibility and the ability to work in a matrix-managed research environment.