Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
The Principal / Senior Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership to support GMP manufacturing processes and analytics assays. Key requirements for this role include understanding the various technical steps in producing an antibody with greater emphasis on cell line development and upstream processing. Outstanding communication, collaboration and leadership skills are important.
- Provide technical leadership for the manufacturing process, specifically geared to the upstream process development and cell line development.
- Provide technical leadership in analytical development
- Understanding of drug development and be able to provide thoughtful insight into various concerns that might arise in the USP, CLD, DSP, and analytical area
- Understand phase appropriate development of drug development
- Ability to trouble shoot outsourced manufacturing concerns in analytical or process area
- BS/MS/PhD with 2-8 years of scientific experience
- Understanding of drug development
- Relevant lab experience
- Some travel required
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.