With the summer approaching, perhaps it is time for you to think about the next step in your career. If you are a star GM that wants to join a group of like-minded professionals -- that is growing with new projects and multi-unit opportunities of responsibility, then we want to hear from you ASAP. If you are the Rockstar AGM in your restaurant that is looking to take the next step – make yourself known. We are currently seeking a GM at Tico on 14th St.
Schlow Restaurant Group (SRG), a bi-coastal chef-driven restaurant company (TICO, The Riggsby, Alta Strada, NAMA Sushi Bar, Casolare, Cavatina etc), continues to grow as a leader in the Washington DC restaurant industry. Operating 6 restaurants in the District, with more on the way, SRG offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
General Manager Position Description:
(AGM applications also being considered if you are not quite at the GM level yet.)
The ideal candidates have an exceptional knowledge of food and beverage and are dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences for guests. They must be able to lead, train, develop and inspire a workforce. A General Manager is required to have strong knowledge of business financials by monitoring an annual budget, labor control, operating expenses, and P&Ls. This representative will be working with a dedicated group of talented chefs, managers and team members that wish to grow with their supervisors and with the company.
- Managing day to day restaurant operations with a strong focus on guest satisfaction.
- Oversee all scheduling and supervision of all employees on the shift.
- Reviews financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Completes accurate and necessary administrative duties to include but not limited to: Hiring process, training process, sales tracking, labor tracking, payroll, petty cash, deposits, inventories, ordering, account payables and receivables and P&L accounting as assigned.
- Establish standard operating procedures for supervising all Front of the House employees while inspiring and motivating them to promote the concept.
- Ensure standard operating procedures in the Back of the House are enforced to ensure food and menu specifications, food handling and food safety requirements, and receiving and storage procedures.
- Handle and report product orders, inventory, and sales.
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- Lead by example, be the representative you’d want your staff to be.
- Experience as a General Manager in full-service restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage location with similar volume, capacity, and clientele.
- Formal training in Hospitality or Business Management is preferred but not required
- Servsafe, ABRA, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required. (If you need to renew and are a star candidate, SRG supports a timeline for renewal while on-boarding.)
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s; Able to monitor budgets and manage service and labor costs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to deal effectively with all types of business contacts, employee affairs, and customers.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Google Productivity Suite (Docs/Sheets/Etc) appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
If you are missing some of these qualifications but still feel that you are a strong candidate, we still want to hear from you!
SRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. SRG enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
Job Type: Full-time