SCHLOW RESTAURANT GROUP
seeks General Manager
Schlow Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal chef driven restaurant company, continues to grow as a leader in the restaurant industry! Operating over a dozen restaurants around the country, with more on the way, Schlow Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Schlow Restaurant Group is passionately dedicated to delivering one of a kind hospitality experiences and providing the pathway to greater success for every team member. SRG operates exciting restaurants in six states, primarily on the east coast but we also call Los Angeles home!
Schlow Restaurant Group is the sole F&B provider at the property which allows for the opportunity to serve the private meeting rooms and ballroom with our signature hospitality and the passionate culinary excellence in the company’s DNA from Chef Schlow.
Today the Schlow Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees' careers in all fields.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Schlow Restaurant Group is searching for a General Manager to conduct all supervisory responsibilities for their venue’s full service restaurant and bar. The ideal candidate has an exceptional knowledge of food and beverages and is dedicated to creating extraordinary dining experiences for guests. They must be able to lead, train, develop and inspire a workforce. A General Manager is required to have strong knowledge of business financials by monitoring an annual budget, labor control, operating expenses, and P&Ls. This representative will be working with a dedicated group of talented chefs, managers and team members that wish to grow with their supervisors and with the company. Schlow Restaurant Group offers every employee unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional in friendly and enjoyable work environments with healthy work-life balance.
- Managing day to day restaurant operations with a strong focus on guest satisfaction.
- Oversee all scheduling and supervision of all employees on the shift.
- Reviews financial statements and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Completes accurate and necessary administrative duties to include but not limited to: Hiring process, training process, sales tracking, labor tracking, payroll, petty cash, deposits, inventories, ordering, account payables and receivables and P&L accounting as assigned.
- Establish standard operating procedures for supervising all Front of the House employees while inspiring and motivating them to promote the concept.
- Ensure standard operating procedures in the Back of the House are enforced to ensure food and menu specifications, food handling and food safety requirements, and receiving and storage procedures.
- Handle and report product orders, inventory, and sales.
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building, cash, equipment, supplies).
- Lead by example, be the representative you’d want your staff to be.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a General Manager in full-service restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage location with similar volume, capacity, and clientele.
- Formal training in Hospitality or Business Management.
- Servsafe, ABRA, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certifications required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s; Able to monitor budgets and manage service and labor costs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills to deal effectively with all types of business contacts, employee affairs, and customers.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Google Productivity Suite (Docs/Sheets/Etc) appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Schlow Restaurant Group EOE. SRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Schlow Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
Job Type: Full-time