The Scentbird team is all-encompassing and features diverse, smart, individuals who are encouraged to think creatively to turn ideas into actionable results.
To support the company’s exceedingly impressive growth, we are looking for a PR Manager with experience handling beauty accounts who is not only a self acclaimed, “self starter,” but who can also bring fresh and innovative thinking to Scentbird by way of brand storytelling and media relations.
About the Role:
The PR Manager will work across all in-house teams to deliver unique and mediable stories for both Scentbird and its sister brand, Deck of Scarlet. Candidate must be motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to thrive in a fast paced environment. Other key responsibilities include:
• Assist with day-to-day activities such as: media monitoring, writing, pitching, client relations, planning and events
• Foster current relationships with key media “friendlies” while continually building new relationships with key journalists
• Have a key understanding of media relations and the ever-changing landscape
• Liaise with media through a mix of channels within key categories including, business, tech, beauty, and consumer
• Execute editorial calendars (beauty, business, and tech awards, special editions, etc)
• Create all press materials including but not limited to, product fact sheets, press releases, tool kits
• Execute PR calendars (internally)
• Provide key insights into meadiable trends, events, and holidays
• Maintain PR placement grids and other tracking materials
• Oversee and execute PR mailers and other deliverables
Launched in 2014, Scentbird is one of the fastest growing subscription brands cemented in the fragrance and beauty categories.
As a tech start-up business, with a proprietary technology platform and a disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the destination for beauty lovers.
As the digital platform scaled, currently capturing 1% of the prestige fragrance market, SCENTBIRD expanded by launching a namesake line of scented home and personal care products. In early 2017, the team ventured into the world of color cosmetics and created Deck of Scarlet, a multi-media focused cosmetic brand inspired by the trends of today’s most notable influencers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area required
- Must have experience handling beauty accounts
- 3-6 years of relevant experience required (applicants need a background in PR either in-house or agency)
- Knowledge of the beauty, fragrance, and tech industries
- Experience in organizing and executing events
- Excellent written communication skills, being well-versed in writing press releases and proposals
- Collaborative team player with the tenacity to drive results and ambition to progress within an extremely talented team
- Friendly, positive, can-do attitude who thinks outside the box, is creative and goes the extra mile to drive initiatives
- Competent in working on integrated consumer communications campaigns and can devise and implement plans with creative flair