Scientist, in-vitro diagnostics
inui is a consumer medical diagnostics company developing diagnostic capabilities in a mobile environment to empower consumers with access to information about their own health, anytime, anywhere, leading to a better quality of life. The current product pipeline includes inui In-Home Urine Analysis, a urine test kit designed to check for several health conditions by measuring the levels of chemical substances in a urine sample. This test kit combines intelligent algorithms, the mobility of smartphones, and in-vitro diagnostic science to support personalized medicine. Be a part of a team whose vision is to provide cloud-based diagnostic testing with higher accuracy and lower cost for early intervention.
Do some good. Have fun. Make history.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist to join our
Molecular Diagnostic group. As a Scientist at inui, you will contribute to research and development activities as well as analysis of meaningful data to generate impactful evidence and insights on product development as well as advance scientific and medical knowledge. You will report to the Senior Director of the Molecular Diagnostic group.
You will directly contribute to laboratory and cross-functional initiatives. The right candidate will need strong strategic, collaboration, mentorship and communication skills, as well as startup mindset.
- Design and conduct experiments in a laboratory setting and assist with a wide variety of R&D projects
- Develop biochemical and molecular assays (ELISA, bioorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, etc)
- Collaborate with team members within the function and across the organization to analyze data, develop data sources, and implement analyses to address product development needs and questions. The data will include but not limited to bioanalytical assays data, imaging data, and digital health
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of developed processes in our electronic databases and lab notebooks
- Prepare reports and presentations on experimental and clinical studies
- MS or PhD degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or closely related field
- 5+ years of experience in biochemistry/biology lab environment
- Experience in liquid biopsy assays (blood, saliva, urine), cell-based assay development
- Candidates should have demonstrated ability to work independently in a laboratory setting as well as an ability to integrate in cross-functional workflow.
- Hands on experience in biochemical assays, molecular biology assays, high content analysis, immunoassays; experience in protocols optimization, trouble shooting and exploration of new assays and technology platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a laboratory setting as well as to integrate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral/written communication and presentations
- Ability to travel (up to 30%)