Machine Learning Engineer
inui is a consumer medical diagnostics company developing diagnostic capabilities in a mobile environment to empower consumers with access to information about their own health, anytime, anywhere, leading to a better quality of life. The current product pipeline includes inui In-Home Urine Analysis, a urine test kit designed to check for several health conditions by measuring the levels of chemical substances in a urine sample. This test kit combines intelligent algorithms, the mobility of smartphones, and in-vitro diagnostic science to support personalized medicine. Be a part of a team whose vision is to provide cloud-based diagnostic testing with higher accuracy and lower cost for early intervention.
Do some good. Have fun. Make history.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at inui you will take part in the maintenance, design and development of algorithms related to image analysis and machine learning systems. You will work with a team of software and data engineers to help ensure inui's algorithms are developed with the highest level of accuracy.
- Support design, prototype and development of algorithms related to image analysis and machine learning systems.
- Demonstrate numerically and visually that the developed algorithms meet accuracy requirements.
- Perform statistical analysis, estimate generalization errors.
- Summarize algorithm development, analysis, training and validation of the algorithms in technical reports.
- Write design input specifications and requirements related to the algorithms for the product development phase.
- Interact with software team for implementation of the algorithms during the product development phase.
- Collaborate closely with other cross-functional teams to validate the developed algorithms.
- Bachelors or Masters in computer science, data science, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering, or related technical field
- At least 3 years experience (with a Bachelors) or 1 year experience (with a Masters) in algorithm development geared towards consumer devices
- Experience in machine learning and feature extraction
- Solid understanding of supervised learning algorithms including regression, support vector machines, and neural networks, statistical analysis, cross-validation techniques, feature extraction, and feature selection
- Proven programming skills in Matlab and/or Python
- Ability to focus and to achieve scheduled milestones in a collaborative environment
- Possess a passion for data analysis and making things work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills