Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE
Scalitys go-to-market sales strategy is hi-touch, working closely with the enterprise end-user client, and with an existing and growing network of partners including HP, Cisco, Dell, and others, and local SIs and VARs.
Our vertical industry target markets are: Service Providers such as Telcos and Cable operators; Cloud firms with basically Everything-aaS ranging from Web2.0 companies to Public/Private Cloud IaaS providers; Media & Entertainment; Financial Services and Governments (e.g. Defense).
Scalitys sales approach is a consultative solution engagement, where we take pride in understanding the workflow of our customers and in crafting the best storage architecture to respond to their needs. To achieve that goal, Sales Managers and Account Executives across Europe are supported by an established regional team of Sales Engineers.
The Regional Sales Manager Southern Europe, reporting to EMEA VP of Sales, will be responsible for Scality sales in Spain, Italy and Portugal, supporting our target vertical markets and managing a number of strategic target accounts.
Scality already counts on a number of important customers in Southern Europe, including two of the biggest ww banks headquartered in Spain.
We are looking at self-driven, confident, ambitious & motivated Account Executives who want to keep succeeding in a professional, entrepreneurial & enterprise level software market.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate consistent sales success, and will have the following knowledge and skills:
- 5-10 years successful experience in enterprise infrastructure sales, 3+ years experience in Enterprise storage sales, preferably working on large scale solutions (typ. Petabyte scale), and with a track record of understanding customer workflows and applications;
- Possess a solid track record of selling complex deals to line-of business customers in specific industries: (Cloud and Telco) Service Providers, Media & Entertainment, Financial Services or Government - successfully delivering on quotas of >$2.5M/year with an ASP of >$300K;
- Posses a network of connections that will rapidly turn into a list of prospects and customers;
- Possess a solid track record working with VARs and SIs;
- Has a passion for supporting customers to provide the best solution, optimizing technical along within financial concerns;
- Has strong sales hunter acumen, with strong relationships, and demonstrated success selling to new accounts;
- Ability to balance day-to-day activities and deliver short/midterm results (i.e. within the current fiscal/quota year) along with developing long term strategic relationships with clients;
- Recent successful experience working in global, multi-cultural organizational settings; balancing and integrating a dynamic start-up culture with an awareness and sensitivity to local business and social practices;
- Has a track record of continuous improvement of personal technical and business skills; building an awareness of new markets, applications, and use cases.
- English speaking