Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is looking for developers able to design and implement new features for Scalitys RING software-defined-storage technology, and to quickly solve tough problems with their strong technical and analytical skills.
Within the Metadata Team (about 5p), the Technical Leader / NodeJS Senior Developer will be driving and contributing to projects in the areas of large-scale systems, crucial to the Scality’s strategy in the next few years.
The work envisioned requires creation of high quality extensible, reusable, easily maintainable, high-performance software components under demanding time-to-market constraints.
Extensive knowledge in Linux systems is necessary. At a minimum, the candidate must demonstrate competence in one of the following fields: file system implementation, multithread programming, performance tuning, or high availability system design.
In addition, the successful candidate will have a diverse work experience in cloud computing, virtualization, Web, distributed systems and networking.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A reasonable level of fluency in English
- 6 to 10 years of software development experience
- Proficient in Node.JS and Linux environments and familiar with the Node JS performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, networking and file systems and Python scripting
- Knowledge of distributed systems and micro services architectures
- Familiar with the RAFT algorithm would be a plus
- Comfortable using modern software development and testing tools (git, jenkins or buildbot, pytest or other test framework) and project management methodologies (agile)
The Technical Leader / NodeJS Senior Developer will be responsible for:
- Driving several projects in parallel and having supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work, ensuring software projects are efficiently schedule and come in with high quality deliverables.
- Developing the underlying architecture for the software program, as well as overseeing the work being done by any other software developers working on the project
- Interfacing between the developers and management as well as a being technical adviser, providing a programming perspective regarding requirements to the management team and contingency plan if need be.
- Curious and open-minded, comfortable sharing knowledge and able to create synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Mentoring new and/or more junior developers, but also for all the members of the development team.
- Passionate and keeps abreast of advances in technology
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun, sport and travel!
Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE