Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE
A Senior Technical Writer at Scality works to conceptualize, create, and maintain documentation pertaining to installation and operation of the company’s software offerings. It is expected that the successful applicant be familiar with the concepts, practices and procedures of the technical writing field. Also, the applicant should have a working knowledge in the areas of file and object storage, as well as cloud storage solutions.
- Document new features and incorporate customer feedback on existing documentation
- Increase the quality of Scality’s overall documentation set, including various customer-facing products, such as PDF publications and online help (standalone and contextual)
- Conceptualize and create flow diagrams and light graphic artifacts
- Work cooperatively and participate in stand-up meetings with Scality product development and support teams in accordance with the overall product delivery schedule
- Analyze existing and prospective content, focusing on re-use and single-sourcing opportunities
- Demonstrated high-level English technical writing ability
- Adept in topic-based authoring (MadCap Flare, or other like topic-based authoring tools)
- Familiarity with CSS and HTML
- Understanding of SDLC and AGILE
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in UNIX/Linux and cloud environments
- Wide communication proficiency, required for working with various technical personnel (Engineering, R&D, Customer and Technical Service)
- A resolute demeanor, coupled with the ability to work autonomously as part of a globally-dispersed documentation team
- Talent for aligning with target audience
- Skill in converting technical jargon to clear and concise language
- 5+ years of experience documenting complex software products, both in print and online
- University degree or accredited certification in a technical communications or engineering field.
- Curious and open-minded
- Strong teamwork mentality
- Passion for technology
- Problem-analysis/solving determinedness
- Detail oriented
- A good sense of humor