Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE
The focus of this position will be to engage new prospects and develop our existing clients your assigned region or account territory. This is a high reward hunter position with the opportunity to make huge earnings while working with some of the most compelling enterprises in the world and in the new and rapidly emerging space of software-defined storage.
Do you have a great network of people who want you to win in partnership with our Alliance partners including Cisco, Dell, HP and Seagate? Do you have a network of decision makers in the application development, storage, and Openstack markets? Do you want the freedom of a large territory; a great comp plan; the support of inside sales; a dedicated 1x1 Sales Engineer; supporting subject matter experts; and a highly professional alliance and channels team? Do you want to work with a company that has an international perspective and global business strategy…and has a work hard, play hard sales-based culture? If so, Scality should be your next great career move.
Scality’s enterprise go-to-market strategy requires significant involvement at the client site while working closely our impressive list of alliance and channel partners. Our vertical industry target markets include: Service Providers (TSP and content developers); Content Distribution; Cloud firms; Media and Entertainment; Financial Services; Enterprise Cloud; and Video Surveillance. This is an unbelievable opportunity for a sales professional who understands enterprise strategy and can relentlessly execute at the point of attack.
The software-defined space is hot and Scality is ready to explode. Get in now!!
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate consistent sales success, and will have following knowledge and skills:
- 5-10 years successful experience in enterprise infrastructure sales, preferably in “start-up”
- technologies where name recognition may not be strong
- 5+ years experience in enterprise storage sales, preferably working on large scale solutions (typ. Petabyte), and with a track record of understanding customer workflows and applications
- Possess a solid track record of selling complex storage deals to line-of-business customers in specific industries: (Cloud and Telco) Service Providers, Oil&Gas, Media & Entertainment, and Financial Services - successfully delivering on quotas of >$5M/year with an ASP of >$300K
- Possess a network of connections that will rapidly turn into a list of prospects and customers
- Has a passion for supporting customers to provide the best solution, optimizing technical along within financial concerns
- Has strong “sales hunter acumen”, with strong relationships, and demonstrated success selling to new accounts
- Ability to leverage resources across the company through influence and personal leadership (pre-sales, post-sales, product management and engineering, marketing, C-level)
- Ability to balance day-to-day activities and deliver short/mid-term results (i.e. within the current fiscal/quota year,) along with developing long-term strategic relationships with clients
- Recent successful experience working in global, multi-cultural organizational settings; balancing and integrating a dynamic start-up culture with an awareness and sensitivity to local business and social practices
- Has a track record of continuous improvement of personal, technical and business skills; building an awareness of new markets, applications, and use cases