Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE
Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is looking for a sysadmin /devops to join the team responsible for its private cloud. The cloud is used by R&D for development, testing and validation of the software sold by Scality as well as internal customers for training or demo purposes.
Flexible hours may be required to support various time zones of the users, such as US, EU and Asia.
The team is responsible for the design, development and implementation of all the tools needed for the private cloud, as well as production monitoring and support. Tough problems solving and strong analytical skills are part of daily challenges.
The work envisioned requires creation of extensible, reusable, easily maintainable, high performance, and high quality installation solutions while taking into account time-to-market considerations.
Extensive knowledge in Linux is necessary.
Diverse work experiences with linux system administration, cluster management, virtualization, distributed systems, networking, and configuration management are highly desired.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A reasonable level of fluency in English
- At least 2/3 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in Linux (Ubuntu, Centos / RedHat). Openstack skills is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of, at least, one of the following fields of expertise: networking, file systems, shell
- Python programming skills
- Experience with, at least, one cluster configuration management utility: Saltstack, Chef or Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack
- Familiar with major software development tools (gcc, make, git, svn, CI , etc.)
- Curious and open-minded, oriented knowledge sharing and able to create synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Passionate and used to do a lot of technology watch