Scality is an industry leader in software-defined storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Scality’s internal motto is: “work hard, play hard, eat well and amaze the customer!”
Get an inside look into the culture and life at Scality HERE
on The Muse.
Download our latest Scality Book "Creating Magic" HERE
Scality, a leader in cloud storage and vendor of high performance distributed solutions, is looking for developers able to design and implement new features for Scalitys RING software-defined-storage technology, and to quickly solve tough problems with their strong technical and analytical skills.
The Technical Leader / C Senior Developer will be working in the areas of large-scale systems. The work envisioned requires creation of high quality extensible, reusable, easily maintainable, high-performance software components under demanding time-to-market constraints.
Extensive knowledge in Linux systems is necessary. At least the candidate must demonstrate competence in at least one of the following fields: multithread programming, performance tuning, or high availability system design.
The successful candidate will possess diverse work experience in cloud computing, virtualization, Web, distributed systems, networking, telecommunication, device drivers, and scientific computing.
The ideal candidate must have the following knowledge and skills:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A reasonable level of fluency in English
- 6 to 10 years of software development experience
- Proficiency in C and Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies, networking or file systems and Python scripting
- Familiarity with major software development tools (gcc, make, git, svn, Hudson, Jenkins, etc.)
- Comfortable with modern software development processes and project management methodologies (agile, waterfall)
The Technical Leader / C Senior Developer will be responsible for:
- Driving several projects in parallel and having supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that software projects come in on-time and within or under budget.
- Developing the underlying architecture for the software program, as well as overseeing the work being done by any other software developers working on the project
- Interfacing between the developers and management as well as a being technical adviser and providing a programming perspective regarding requirements to the management team.
- Curious and open-minded, comfortable sharing knowledge and able to create synergies between different teams
- Good communication skills and teamwork, as well as ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed
- Mentoring new and/or more junior developers, but also for all the members of the development team.
- Passionate and keeps abreast of advances in technology
As part of a fast growing and international team, the candidate should be prepared for challenges, autonomy, fun, sport and travel!