Scality is an industry leader in software-defined and multi-cloud storage at petabyte-scale. Founded in 2009, Scality has deployed software-based storage solutions that deliver billions of files to more than two hundred million users daily with 100% availability. Scality’s customers include four of the top ten cable operators in the US, the second largest Telco in France, leading operators in Japan, leading television network in Germany, and the second largest online video site in the world.
Our internal motto? “Work hard, play hard, eat well, and AMAZE the customer!”
Scality is cloud storage leader and a vendor of high-performance distributed solutions, pursuing our mission of giving the company’s customers the freedom and control necessary to be competitive in a data driven economy. We are active in the open source world and a member of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF
Scality is seeking a Senior Platform Backend Engineer to design and implement features for the new Scality Platform (on which rely all core Scality components), someone who is eager to join our platform team and apply their strong technical and analytical skills to the quick and efficient solving of tough problems.
Specifically, the successful candidate will work to enhance MetalK8s
– Scality’s open source Kubernetes distribution – in terms of deployment, administration, security, and monitoring capabilities. In addition, the candidate will shoulder significant responsibility for Scality’s award-winning RING product, and will collaborate with and support other Scality teams working on a wide variety of in-development platform solutions.
- Work on state-of-the-art technical stacks (e.g., Kubernetes, Prometheus, …)
- Strong continuous integration and testing culture and infrastructure
- Startup Perks!
- High-end equipment (Apple/Dell laptop computers, Bring-Your-Own-OS policy, multiple screens)
- Spacious, modern office space in central Paris (Madeleine)
- Stock options distribution
- Remote Work policy
- Opportunity to travel
- Sports and Wellness programs
- Ample training allowance (e.g., internal/external skills training, conferences, coaching)
- Annual off-site company-wide “Kick-Off” event
- Food fun: weekly company breakfast, a lunch delivery service, unlimited hot soothing coffee/tea/chocolate drinks, and more
- Diversions: Babyfoot, Ping-Pong, board and card games, planned group activities
- Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science degree (or equivalent)
- English proficiency
- Can justify of a successful experience in a similar role or position
- Strong “can-do” (and do well!) determination and work ethic
- Linux proficiency (Debian / CentOS)
- Working knowledge of shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Go and/or Python; other languages may be acceptable
- Working knowledge of Ansible and / or Salt and / or Puppet
- Comfort with software development tools (e.g., git, Github, etc.)
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus!
- Sysadmin, DevOps, SRE experience
- API development
- Container orchestration (Kubernetes, ...)
- Distributed storage
- Open Source contribution
- Monitoring (Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, MongoDB, Kafka, ZooKeeper, …)
- Curious, passionate, and open-minded
- Driven to stay abreast of technology advances
- Team player (knowledge sharing drive, creating bridges between different work groups)
- Good communication skills, including the ability to provide clear and organized documentation for all work performed