Title/position: Visual Designer - Web & Graphic
Location: San Antonio, TX, USA
Employment type: Full Time
We are seeking someone who is passionate about visual design, writing clean HTML & CSS, and producing high-quality marketing assets. We value the blend of intense customer focus, clear design thinking, technical capability, and team orientation. This role will report to the Design Manager and is in San Antonio, Texas.
Who Are We?
Chargify turns billing into a competitive weapon for recurring businesses. When most people think of their company’s billing system, it's not pretty. Slow, rigid, limiting ‒ we call it “the billing bottleneck.” However, we live in a time when businesses must create real, long-term relationships with their customers that constantly evolve along with their customers’ needs. Billing needs to be elastic so this can happen.
About the position
Chargify is looking for a designer who values visual, technical, and process management skills. This role will collaborate with other Designers, Marketers, and Sales Personnel to create effective collateral and messaging to help Chargify expand our presence in the SaaS billing market.
- Design and build responsive pages on our marketing site using a static site generator. (middleman)
- Create marketing collateral to be delivered across web and print mediums such as: banner ads, infographics, trade show booths, etc.
- Respond to general design requests from our marketing and sales teams
- Clearly articulate design work and rationale to teams, peers, and executives for review and feedback
- Apply and manage the design process appropriately in all of your tracks of work.
- Conduct research on how we can improve our and marketing site experience/engagement as well as improve conversions on form pages.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent design related field
- 2+ years of experience as a web designer or similar role
- Ability to create marketing collateral including, but not limited to: banner ads, emails, landing pages, icons, infographics and visual assets
- Ability to write production ready basic HTML and CSS with working knowledge of JS, jQuery.
- Experience with using visual tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC, Balsamiq, Invision
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- 3+ years of experience as a visual designer or similar role, with a sophisticated company and B2B product
- Experience working in a marketing department or other creative agency
- An online portfolio or samples of work that demonstrate your design thinking, process, and user-centered design solutions
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options
US citizens will be eligible for our benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 9 paid holidays each year
- Company-paid Life and AD&D coverage with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Company paid Short Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts