Keen, a Scaleworks portfolio company, is the platform that enables software developers to build customer-facing analytics into their apps in a quick, flexible, and scalable way. Keen is designed to provide a comprehensive custom analytics stack without the hassle of managing big data infrastructure.
We are seeking an DevOps Lead that cares deeply about uptime, reliability and automation. You strive help your colleagues deploy services and features quickly. We’re small but growing fast so being able to operate independently is a must. Our offices are split between San Antonio, TX and Krakow, Poland so communicating well via Slack/Github/etc is also important.
You will be focused on providing a rock solid foundation for us to grow our platform on. To do so you’ll own our infrastructure from end to end. Covering CI, deployment, monitoring, infrastructure scaling, and infrastructure optimization. In addition you’ll always push us to make sure we ship services and features in a way that keeps our platform performant and stable.
- Define and implement service level objectives for our applications.
- Own our infrastructure from end to end (from CI/CD to AWS resource management)
- Define and own roadmap for our infrastructure that aligns with company wide OKRs
- Work with Engineering to improve or overhaul our existing infrastructure management framework and general CI/CD process.
- Work with Business Operations to control costs by scaling the cluster (down or up) as needed and by providing recommendations around reserved instance/marketplace use.
- Support Engineering with resources, guidance, and the means to rapidly roll out new services.
- Participate in an On-Call rotation.
What Success Looks Like:
- Excellent cross-functional relationships. No Ops vs Engineer silo’s.
- A rock solid infrastructure platform that you’d be proud to talk about at conferences and adapts as we grow our product.
- A CI process that that's fast, efficient, and doesn’t get in your way.
- A deployment process that’s bullet proof and lets even junior engineer interact safely with the infrastructure.
- Monitoring and remediation tool’s that don’t result in Alert Fatigue.
- 3+ years experience.
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code. You should be *very* familiar with CloudFormation and have experience with tools like Terraform.
- AWS platform experience. You should know how to best deploy and manage AWS services. You know why services like ECS are awesome but also know what their gotchas are and can articulate the pros/cons to other engineers.
- You have strong opinions on DevOps/SRE concepts. Things like Immutable infrastructure, GitOps, the Site Reliability practice area, IaC, serverless.
- You have well rounded hands-on DevOps capabilities. Hands-on experience with containers (Docker/ECS), Linux (Bash/CLI), CI/CD (Jenkins/CircleCI), log management (ELK or similar), message queues, and monitoring platforms (Datadog, NewRelic, Grafana).
- You’re comfortable writing tooling in a scripting language like python.
- Experience with Cassandra or other modern NoSQL datastores.
- Familiarity with operation and management of Apache Storm and Kafka.
- Experience with artifact/dependency management in systems such as gradle, sbt, or maven an equivalent.
- Collaborative environment with all of Scaleworks’ businesses in the same building so you can collaborate and grow with your peers in other companies
- Competitive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Open PTO policy
- 401(k) plan
- Downtown office in San Antonio, right above the River Walk, with local coffee and snacks
This role is onsite in San Antonio. Relocation support is available. Visa Sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration.