DevOps Engineering Manager
Location: San Antonio, TX
Chargify is a subscription and recurring billing management platform. Founded in 2009, our nearly 10 years of experience and strong, stable product places us at the forefront of this exciting and expanding industry.
Our tech stack consists primarily of Ruby on Rails applications hosted in an AWS Virtual Private Cloud environment. In addition to Ruby, we have a constellation of other apps written in Go and Elixir. For datastores, we use and manage MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis in an environment engineered for high availability. Security and resiliency are always a top priority - we are PCI DSS Level 1 compliant and issue a SOC 1 Type 1 report.
About the Position
We’re seeking a DevOps Engineering Manager & Team Lead with experience building, managing, and monitoring infrastructure and services at a scale like ours. In addition to managing the existing infrastructure, you will be primarily responsible for architecting and directing our future infrastructure growth and expansion. You’ll manage a team of engineers (currently about 4) to keep the uptime & security and assist the development team as we build the future of recurring billing.
In other words, this position offers both hands-on technical work and the chance to manage a high-performing team.
● Maintain and manage existing AWS infrastructure via Ansible
● Architect and build our next generation of infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, and more)
● Ensure a robust monitoring and alerting system
● Coach, mentor, and advocate for your team as they advance their careers
● Collaborate with the leadership team to prioritize and plan team objectives, strategy, and roadmap
● Coordinate with development and product teams to plan for capacity and needs for the future.
● Work with the data team to ensure consistent and safe access to raw data for decisions across the organization
● Guide our Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery processes
● Lead the annual PCI DSS assessment with our outside Qualified Security Assessor and internal team
● Lead the annual SOC 1 audit with our outside auditor and internal team
● Oversee security programs (bug bounties, etc) and internal security and process training
● 4+ years experience deploying and managing infrastructure for Rails apps
● 2+ years experience managing/leading a team
● Significant experience with AWS services (including VPC, ELB, RDS, and more), and automated configuration management (Ansible or similar)
● Experience managing scalable systems working under heavy load with large datasets
Nice to Have Experience:
● PCI-DSS and/or SOC assessments and audits
● Database clustering management tools (Continuent/Tungsten)
● Payment processing and financial systems
• Company paid health, dental and vision insurance (including Fetchmd.com)
• Start-up environment with a proven playbook
• Fun work environment - impactful
• Book Clubs
• Quarterly Wellness Programs
• Local Discounts (restaurants and retailers)
• In house learning programs
• Open planned time off
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position*
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration.