Chargify, a Scaleworks portfolio business is seeking an individual that is hungry, intensely curious, and smart for a product management role. We value aggressive learners and adaptability over experience. This role will report to the Product Management & Design Leader and is in San Antonio, Texas.
Who Are We?
Chargify turns billing into a competitive weapon for recurring businesses. When most people think of their company’s billing system it's not pretty: slow, rigid, limiting‒we call it the billing bottleneck. However, we live in a time where businesses must create real long-term relationships with their customers that constantly evolve along with their customer’s needs. Billing needs to be elastic so that can happen.
Chargify’s system helps businesses deliver and bill personalized offers at scale, which blend the right combination of product, tailored packaging, pricing model, and price point...and makes it easy to change over time. We help businesses end their billing bottleneck!
About the position
The Product Manager is responsible for identifying, prioritizing, creating, and delivering products and features for our customers. Product Management at Chargify requires extensive collaboration between the sales, marketing, engineering, design, and customer support teams. Central to this role is an understanding of and obsession with solving our customers’ most painful problems. As a Chargify Product Manager you will have the opportunity to drive business wide efforts to solve these problems for our customers on a daily basis.
- Display insatiable curiosity about customer needs, pain points and opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities through customer feedback, research, industry trends, and innovative insight
- Validate our product strategy through internal and external analysis
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, business impact, resource requirements, and operational support load
- Develop detailed product specifications, business requirements, and user stories
- Work closely with engineering, design, and other departments to manage product development work streams; help teams move forward through hustle, transparency in decision-making, and removing roadblocks
- Manage product releases working with marketing, sales, and support
- Post launch, obtain customer feedback and track success metrics
- Create buy-in for product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Inspire all levels of the organization with your Chargify product vision
Required skills and experience:
If experience is from the tech industry:
- You have directly (or as part of a core team) launched/relaunched a product that has gone through signifigant market adoption or transformation – or –
- You have ~4 years in product development with ~2 years of experience in product management as a junior product manager at a blue-chip tech company
If experience is in consulting:
- You have ~2 years of analytical and strategic client engagement experience
- You have outstanding performance reviews
- You have a long-term ambitions to run a product-oriented business
You may be the right fit if:
- Your curiosity drives you to understand the root cause behind needs, problems, and opportunities
- You have been described, by others, as someone that can shift between big picture thinking and detailed execution
- You do whatever it takes to make your mission, product, and/or team successful
- You operate comfortably in ambiguous and fluid environments; you are able to build a path forward through the mess
- You communicate with empathy and simplify complex topics
- You are highly motivated and immerse yourself in your work
• Company paid health, dental and vision insurance (including Fetchmd.com)
• Start-up environment with a proven playbook
• Fun work environment - impactful
• Book Clubs
• Quarterly Wellness Programs
• Local Discounts (restaurants and retailers)
• In house learning programs
• Open planned time off
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position*
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration.