Chargify is seeking a leader that is driven, intensely curious, and strategic to direct our product management team. We value aggressive learners that communicate well and can understand emerging customer needs. This role will report to the CEO, serve on the senior leadership team, and be based in San Antonio, Texas.
Who Are We?
When most people think of their company’s billing system, it's not pretty: slow, rigid, limiting - we call it the billing bottleneck. Challengers rely on Chargify to turn billing into a competitive advantage for recurring businesses. This means uniting internal teams to adjust offers quickly and stay in synch with each customer’s evolving needs. In a dynamic economy increasingly driven by relationships, one-size-fits-all subscriptions will be left behind.
Chargify’s system enables businesses to deliver and bill personalized offers at scale that blend the right combination of product, tailored packaging, billing frequency, pricing scheme, and custom triggers… and makes it easy to adjust over time. We help businesses end their billing bottleneck.
Chargify’s culture is unique and powerful; check out our core values
. Our team is engaged, curious, funny, inclusive, thoughtful, smart, and reliable.
About the Position
The Product Leader will own the process of identifying, developing, and delivering products that meet our customers’ needs. Product management at Chargify requires extensive collaboration between the sales, marketing, engineering, and customer support teams. You will preside over adoption, feature prioritization, product definition, messaging, pricing, customer interaction, sales enablement, and team development. Responsibilities include:
- Vision: Work with internal (e.g., CTO and senior leadership team) and external (e.g., customers, prospects, and analysts) constituencies to define the product vision.
- Execution: Oversee activities to develop the product strategy and the associated roadmap. Manage a scalable process for prioritizing, developing, designing, and delivering product releases and enhancements.
- Adoption: Manage the process of communicating and coordinating launch activities across all Chargify departments.
- Communication: Collect, comprehend, and consolidate product feedback. Be the internal and external authority and advocate for Chargify.
- Team Building: Structure, mentor, and grow a passionate team of talented developers, designers, and product managers.
You May Be the Right Fit If
- Your curiosity drives you to understand the root cause behind customer needs, problems, and opportunities
- You have been described as someone that can shift between big picture thinking and detailed execution
- You do whatever it takes to make your mission, product, and team successful
- You thrive in applying business judgement in ambiguous and fluid environments
- You communicate with empathy and can simplify complex topics
- You are highly motivated and immerse yourself in your work
Required Skills and Experience
- You have been in a general management or founder role and were directly responsible for the overall business results of a product that you owned –or–
- You have worked for a high-growth technology company and directly led the product management function for products/services targeted to the middle/enterprise market –or–
- You have directly (or as part of a core team) launched/relaunched a product that has gone through product-market-fit, followed by explosive market adoption –or–
- You have >4 years in product management at a blue-chip tech company and have demonstrated accelerated career progression (by scope and responsibility)
- Company paid health, dental and vision insurance (including Fetchmd.com)
- Start-up environment with a proven playbook
- Fun work environment - impactful
- Book Clubs
- Quarterly Wellness Programs
- Local Discounts (restaurants and retailers)
- In house learning programs
- Open planned time off
- Company paid short term disability
Chargify is a globally-recognized leader in the Recurring Billing and Subscription Management space. Chargify manages all parts of the revenue lifecycle for subscription and recurring revenue businesses. The revenue lifecycle includes things like complex recurring billing, retention around failed/delinquent credit card payments, business analytics, and customer service tools for revenue operations. Since 2009, we have delighted thousands of merchants with our ease of use, customer service, and reliability.
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position*
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration.