Who we are
We are an organisation driven by the mission to end poverty in our lifetime. Our work focuses on scalable solutions for sustainable social impact. We work with our clients - corporations, philanthropists, foundations and social organisations - to achieve social impact goals effectively and maximise the social return on their investment. Deep understanding across sectors and collaboration with multiple stakeholders drive our work. This approach helps us and our clients, develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems.
We are driven by impact and powered by knowledge. We bring the right balance of head-heart-hand to our work.
Our work is powered by passionate energy of our mission-driven young team, guided by the strong leadership and advisory board who bring in multi-dimensional experience in business and social sectors. Our team of 150 (and growing rapidly) across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi come with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and are bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
The Legal Associate will be an integral part of Sattva and will be accountable for drafting and managing Sales contracts with the clients with support and input from Sattva’s legal advisors. The person will manage and interacting with internal stakeholders across Sattva offices including front end salespeople, delivery and project management teams as well as engaging with the client directly where required. The person will work closely with company legal advisory firm "GameChanger Law Advisors". Please note that this is a 1-member team. However, you will be closely working 2 people, one from the project management office and reporting directly to the central function's head. The core responsibilities of the role will be:
- Gathering information about the client’s contractual process from Sales Manager across all regions.
- Drafting legal contract document (services) based on the scope of work as per the proposed scope of work and the nature of the agreement (bi-lateral, Tri-partite) decided between the parties primarily Sattva, as consultants, client and subcontractor or partners (NGOs) on the project.
- Ensure the contract is in line with the company standard terms for contracts.
Systems and processes
- Work with Sales, Project Management and Finance teams for managing contract closures, and maintaining a record of changes and progress of the contract.
- Work in collaboration with sales managers, program operations team to consider terms and conditions (scope of work, pricing, team composition and more) towards the creation of the contract.
- Be the single point of contact from Sattva about contractual/legal matters and responsible for client discussions, negotiations, vetting of contract terms in conjunction with the client.
- Engage relevant stakeholders from within or external to the organization in negotiation discussions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards, cost and payment terms.
- Record-keeping of all contract-related correspondence and strong documentation.
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders within the organization.
- Ensure the completion of the contract sign-off between the parties and ensure handover to the delivery department, as per the SLA set by the organization.
- Ensure the complete compliance as per guidelines set for contract drafting till closure.
- Working on drafting vendor contracts who are services Sattva. (Projects and non-projects)
- Reviewing existing contracts and strengthening the terms and condition of such contracts identified.
- Ensure compliance of all norms laid down in the contract through periodic check.
What we are looking for
At Sattva, our goal is realizing the impact on the ground and drive collective win by engaging with multiple stakeholders. Following are the key requirements for the candidates applying to this role:
- Degree in either LLB, LLM or Masters in Business Law.
- About 2+ years of experience in legal contract management or procurement in a B2B service industry
- Preferred location - Bangalore.
- Strong understanding of business law, legal terms and clauses.
- Comfortable working in a multi-stakeholder role.
- Interest in working at the intersection of Legal-Business-Impact, building the bridge between business and society.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation skills.
- Strong discipline in document management and process.
- Problem Solving, ability to advise internal teams on pros and cons through legal acumen.
- Ability to understand complex contractual agreements and requirements from partners.