Who we are
We are an organisation driven by the mission to end poverty in our lifetime. Our work focuses on scalable solutions for sustainable social impact. We work with our clients - corporations, philanthropists, foundations and social organisations - to achieve social impact goals effectively and maximise the social return on their investment. Deep understanding across sectors and collaboration with multiple stakeholders drive our work. This approach helps us, and our clients develop holistic solutions for solving critical societal problems.
We are driven by impact and powered by knowledge. We bring the right balance of the head-heart-hand to our work.
Our work is powered by the passionate energy of our mission-driven young team, guided by the strong leadership and advisory board with multi-dimensional experience in business and social sectors. Our team of 150 (and growing rapidly) across offices in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi comes with stellar professional credentials from diverse backgrounds and is bound together by our common commitment to social impact.
As a Principal, you will be part of the Sattva leadership team that drives strategic decisions for the organisation. You will be required to take a big-picture approach to solve some of the toughest social impact problems and engage with our clients who are addressing these problems on a day to day basis. You will need to bring in innovative thinking and insights to strengthen both Sattva and the Foundations business unit, inspiring and guiding the team on a day to day basis and cultivating Sattva Way in delivering services to clients and communities.
Additionally, you will:
- Drive the business unit towards the successful execution of projects on the dimensions of impact, customer success and experience, and on-time, on-budget and on-quality delivery.
- Enable organisational units by evolving our advisory practice to deliver excellent programmes on the ground to create a high social impact.
- Grow the Business Unit and the larger organization, whether through new deals or building new business lines and ensure BU-level profitability through appropriate staffing and cost control.
- Strengthen and build internal systems & processes for delivery excellence to customers, ultimately leading to social impact on the ground along with profitability across engagements.
- Establish the Sattva brand inside as well outside the organisation by engaging with the social impact ecosystem including donors and thought leaders, and influencing actions to enable deep impact. Build specialization in specific vertical and horizontal focus areas that strengthen Sattva’s capabilities to deliver value to our clients
- Coach the direct team on people management and own the well-being and development of people in the Business Unit, including building a culture of inter-team collaboration and setting up systems for people development
The right person for the role should be
- 14+ years of business management/consulting/advisory experience.
- Advanced degree in development studies or MBA is preferred
- A leader who has an empathetic approach and is driven by social impact and realizing outcomes on the ground.
- An excellent problem solver and a critical thinker, who can synthesise information, ask insightful questions, be agile and spot trends quickly.
- Experienced in working with both nonprofits and business organisations.
- Highly entrepreneurial in nature with previous experience in consulting.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to resolve conflicts and disagreements among others by building consensus and taking the initiative to show others how to do things.
- Experienced in managing cross-functional teams and directing programs in a high-performing, entrepreneurial, outcome-focused, collaborative and agile environment.
- Confident and comfortable in a variety of client-facing roles
- Enthusiastic about the mission of Sattva of alleviating poverty in our lifetime
Job Location: We are based in Bangalore, Gurgaon and Mumbai and we are open to candidates who are willing to work in any of these locations.