LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
Satalia provides all employees with a flexible culture that enables you to balance work and life. We offer; unlimited holiday, remote working, flexible working hours, and a competitive salary and bonus scheme for all employees.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. At Satalia we are committed to improving diversity, and will happily provide additional training for applicants who do not meet some criteria, but who can enrich our culture.
As an Optimisation Research Specialist, your role will be the design & development of algorithms and decision support tools for a variety of optimisation problems, arising from different applications and industries. You will collaborate with clients to gather problem specifications. Your work will support clients goals and will be the invisible success of many household brands.
- Deeply understand the client's industry, the nature of their challenge and the ability to clearly communicate the most applicable solution(s).
- Produce production ready code to help reduce the time, cost and effort of product implementation on client projects.
- The ability to estimate the time of a deliverable and take into account the limitations of a solution.
- Build out a domain of expertise related to a Satalia product and develop a repository of clear shareable resources.
- Working with clients to extract clearly documented requirements that are shareable and plainly describe how they can solve the business challenge.
- Breaking complex problems into smaller problems, enabling a systematic solvable solution.
- Working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team of software developers, optimisation scientists and business people on a common goal.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Relevant Masters Degree.
- Proficient in one of the following optimisation approaches; Mixed Integer Programming or Metaheuristic approaches.
- Proficient in one object-oriented programming language, preferably Java.
- Ability to use multiple solver libraries.
- You like mentoring and inspiring others about the awesomeness of maths and optimisation.
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.
By applying to Satalia you are expressly giving your consent for the collection and use of your information as described within our Satalia’s Recruitment Privacy Notice here