LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment. At Satalia we are committed to improving diversity, and will happily provide additional training for applicants who do not meet some criteria, but who can enrich our culture.
As a Data Scientist in Satalia, you will work on projects ranging from lead generation and consulting, to implementation and deployment of data science pipelines. Internally, you will focus on building data science roadmaps for Satalia’s flagship products, Delivery and Workforce, and execute on the product visions. Externally, you will focus on client projects by understanding their technical challenges and creating elegant and purposeful solutions that increase their business efficiency.
- Creating production-ready machine learning and data science solutions, to reduce the pressure on our software development team.
- Ensuring unambiguous communication with clients about data science solutions linked to their data, while helping them realise a path towards achieving their data strategy.
- Comfortably switching between being a data scientist, lead generator and technical lead.
- Utilise knowledge and understanding from product development to drive a more inclusive (understanding customers and stakeholder needs) approach to ideating, designing and building data science solutions.
- Independently navigating your skill set and expertise to identify organisational and client projects where you can add value and support.
- Champion the client’s objective and ensure alignment between clients and Satalia.
- Contribute to Satalia product roadmaps, and identify opportunities to integrate data science features.
- Take an active role in mentoring and supporting more junior data scientists at Satalia.
- Comfortable working in an organisation that is fluidly evolving its working processes and practices
- Owning and driving the data science vision within the Satalia product portfolio to develop market-leading products.
- Working collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, software developers, optimisation scientists and business people on a common goal.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Machine learning and statistics knowledge.
- Experience in using Python for data science projects.
- Knowledge of data manipulation/modelling using popular open source frameworks e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-Learn etc.
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.
By applying to Satalia you are expressly giving your consent for the collection and use of your information as described within our Satalia’s Recruitment Privacy Notice here