LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment.
As a Data Scientist in Satalia, you will support projects from lead generation through to project delivery and implementation. Your focus will be working on client projects and deeply understanding their problems and empathising with their technical challenges. You will work to create elegant and purposeful solutions that solve their problems and increase business efficiency.
- Creating production-ready machine learning and data science solutions, delivering tangible outcomes for our clients.
- Ensuring unambiguous communication with clients about data science solutions linked to their data, while helping them realise a path towards achieving their data strategy.
- Comfortably switching between being a data scientist, lead generator and technical project manager.
- Utilise knowledge and understanding from product development to drive a more inclusive (understanding customers and stakeholder needs) approach to ideating, designing and building data science solutions.
- Independently navigating your skill set and expertise to identify organisational and client projects where you can add value and support.
- Champion the client’s objective and ensure alignment between clients and Satalia.
- Comfortable working in an organisation that is fluidly evolving its working processes and practices.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Machine learning and statistics knowledge.
- Commercial experience in using Python to develop, evaluate and test machine learning models that are used in production.
- Experience in using Python's testing frameworks (unittest, pytest), data manipulation tools (pandas, NumPy) and object orientated features (inheritance, polymorphism).
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 weeks. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.
By applying to Satalia you are expressly giving your consent for the collection and use of your information as described within our Satalia’s Recruitment Privacy Notice here