LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment.
The Satalia Workforce product operates in the Retail and Professional Services sectors. We’re an agile team of 18+ people that specialises in software engineering, data science and optimisation, distributed between United Kingdom, Lithuania, Austria and China.
Satalia Workforce uses deep learning to predict demand and algorithms allocate the optimal number of employees to that demand whilst considering 30+ business rules (including: skills, employee preferences, company policy, regulation, profitability, travel and diversity).
You will be working on major global professional services client. We’ve successfully rolled out Satalia Workforce, the next phase you’ll contribute to will be heavily focused on research & development, ensuring we’re pushing even further ahead of the competition, before taking the output into production.
The technology stack you will find in the project: Java 8+, Spring Boot, Kubernetes. Solving challenges and teamwork will be your daily routine, business trips to t London will take place every 3-4 months.
- Design and develop production grade software
- Lead architecture workshops and decisions
- Lead the product’s technical vision and long-term plan, collaborating with product owners
- Take ownership code design and quality, ensuring the highest standards are met
- Promote technical and ways of working best practice
- Effectively communicate internally and with clients on requirements, design decisions, problems and solutions
- Teach and mentor less experienced engineers
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of generic software architecture
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Mathematical background is a plus
- Willing to work as a team player
- DevOps skills are a bonus
3000-5000 Eur/month (gross, based on your experience and skills)
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 week. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.
By applying to Satalia you are expressly giving your consent for the collection and use of your information as described within our Satalia’s Recruitment Privacy Notice here