LIFE AT SATALIA
As an organisation, we push the boundaries of data science, optimisation and artificial intelligence to solve the hardest problems in industry. Satalia is a community of individuals devoted to working on diverse and interesting projects that will challenge, and allow you to develop new skills, lead and contribute to the overall community.
Our ambition is to become a decentralised organisation of the future. Today this involves developing tools and processes to liberate and automate manual repetitive tasks, with a focus on freedom, transparency and trust.
At the core of our thinking is an approach to wellbeing and inclusivity. We unpack human behaviour and unpick prejudice to ensure a safe and inviting environment.
As a member of the Satalia team you will have the opportunity to flex your skill sets across multiple projects in the organisation.
Geospatial Specialists at Satalia, provide a core component of the functionality that powers large scale client projects, for companies such as Tesco and DFS. You will contribute your expertise and enthusiasm to support the development of geospatial toolsets and platforms for a wide variety of Satalia projects in vehicle scheduling and routing, infrastructure planning, staff allocation, and other general business decision-making domains.
You will work as part of a diverse team - collaborating with back-end developers, optimisers and project navigators to prepare and extract geospatial data and work with large datasets in a production environment. You will take part in the research and implementation of new and innovative approaches to solve the most challenging geospatial problems in industry.
- Client requirements gathering and translation to technical tasks
- Stay abreast of new research and emerging geospatial methodologies and technologies
- Analyse / transform large geospatial datasets
- Prototype / productionize toolsets in Python for automating data analysis / transformation processes to fit into larger optimisation / AI / ML platforms
- Communicating and collaborating across projects and teams
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Experience working with large geospatial datasets in development and production environments
- Experience scripting and prototyping (SQL / Python / Node / bash)
- Experience with geospatial software, tools and frameworks (PostGIS, QGIS or ArcGIS)
- Familiarity with cloud and web services (for example AWS, Azure, GCP)
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Visualisation / cartography
- Database administration
- Other languages (Java, C++, or Go)
We aim to respond to all applications within 2 week. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks this means your application has been unsuccessful.
Good luck and we look forward to connecting with you very shortly.
By applying to Satalia you are expressly giving your consent for the collection and use of your information as described within our Satalia’s Recruitment Privacy Notice here