Founded in 2013, SALIDO continuously innovates hospitality technology so that operators can lower costs and increase profits. We are building the first-ever Restaurant Operating System that combines all operating needs on one cohesive platform. The SALIDO product platform includes point of sale, labor, inventory, reporting and much more.
At their present state, restaurants are becoming less and less profitable. Rent, labor, food, and technology costs are constantly increasing and margins are endlessly shrinking. In order to combat this, they need the best technology that will give them control of their business. SALIDO powers the future of restaurant operations with one interconnected system, empowering businesses to control, analyze, and leverage its critical data.
From our offices in NoHo, New York City, we are dedicated to changing the way the hospitality industry operates, to create a system that is built for the best interests of restaurants all over the world.
About The Role
SALIDO's Product team is responsible for discovering and delivering product experiences that execute the mission and vision objectives.
Some of our major product challenges include:
- How can a seamless integration across our complementary products drive profitably in the hospitality industry?
- How can we empower restaurant operators to make critical and real-time decisions about their sales, labor and inventory data?
- How best to build a product that supports quick service (i.e. Chipotle) and full service (casual and fine dining) workflows in one intuitive experience?
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will be a key member of the SALIDO Product team, responsible for developing and executing against the product vision and roadmap.
What You'll Do
- Daily collaboration with product management, product design, engineering and other groups to understand the problem and define the scope and requirements for a solution
- Lead research studies through application of appropriate research methods
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field to provide recommendations for improvement
- Create & maintain repository of research-based knowledge
- Document customer journeys, top tasks and other deliverables that will support the design and development of the product
- Determine user needs by conducting task-focused analyses with the rest of the product team
- Work with project business representatives and other team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods
- Accelerate the company's ability to effectively communicate insights in ways that make them both intelligible as well as actionable
- Mentor teams in choosing proper user research activities, uncovering underlying user needs, influencing product and feature strategy as well as developing design recommendations and interactive prototypes
- Help build out research processes, tools and culture
- Evangelise the product's mission and vision in both qualitative and quantitative aspects to your team and the entire company
- Strive to become an expert in the industry and related industries
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of product design experience at a tech company
- A proven track record of planning and shipping successful products
- Creative problem solver with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written
- Technical understand/experience: you must understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make
- An attention to detail and an eye for great user experiences
- Eagerness to work in a fast-paced work environment
- An "understand, prototype, validate and then build" mentality and a team player above all
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental and vision packages to fit your needs
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
- A great office in the heart of NoHo, always stocked with drinks and snacks
- A rare, ground-floor opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving hard challenges and changing the world in an industry underserved by technology