Job Title: Senior Director of Digital Content
The Senior Director of Digital Content is responsible for overseeing performance of the Advantage Digital Technology Content Center of Excellence (Content COE) to meet client deliverables around content creation and graphic design for the E-Commerce Services division. S/he focuses on designing, tracking and achieving key departmental KPIs and success metrics while empowering and encouraging team members to develop innovative strategies for attaining performance.
S/he will serve as a liaison between the Digital Technology leaders to plan, negotiate, analyze, report, and track where resources are spent each month. S/he will define the department policies and procedures as well as assisting in identifying efficiencies in process and operational matters with regards to the Content COE.
A key part of the role will be working with the customers of the Content COE to arcuately forecast, scale and staff the team appropriately. Current and future demand planning; contracting with the customers of the Content COE will be a key metric. S/he will also be accountable for a P&L statement for the Content COE that must break even each month through the efficient contract and delivery processes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities (Describe the major duties of the job. List the Essential Duties and Responsibilities in order of most time spent to least.
- Oversee performance of the Advantage Digital Technology Content COE teams to meet client deliverables around content creation and graphic design.
- Produce and publish a score card each month that
- Provides insights as to the quality of the deliverables for each customer of the Content COE
- Analyzes, reports, and track where resources are spent within the content department.
- Report and serve as a liaison with the Digital Technology leaders.
- Review full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Develop and execute operational process (collection, storage, dissemination) to ensure all digital content is made available for clients in proper format on an ongoing basis.
- Identify gaps in existing action workflows to improve deliverables. Coaches people managers in all aspects with in Content COE services on leading teams effectively while also driving employee engagement.
- Engage, mentor, and inspire the Content COE leadership team by teaching the fundamentals, empowering proactive thinking, communicating team goals, and considering succession planning/hiring needs.
- Synchronize and standardize best practices for client program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes
- Collaborates with the leadership team to develop, track, and achieve departmental goals.
- Effective recruiting, hiring, training, and development of direct reports.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): MBA Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Content and Graphic Design
- 5+ years of experience in project management.
- 6-8 years of experience in supervising teams
- Experience in the e-commerce industry preferred
- Experience in the role of leader/manager in content or graphic design preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven people manager skills developing employees and optimizing organizational effectiveness including a minimum of six years leading and building a team.
- Demonstrated ability to improve existing systems and implement new structures to build an effective learning environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
-Ability to work effectively with management.
-Excellent inter-department communication skills.
-Ability to research and analyze data effectively.
-Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
-Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to defuse tension among trade marketing team, should it arise.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, Digital Technology leaders, and other departments.
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.