Sage Tree is a part of the growing world of e-commerce. As more and more retail sales move online, more manufacturers need experts to effectively manage their e-commerce business. That’s where Sage Tree comes in. We need an experienced sales rep to help grow, develop and maintain relationships with our manufacturing customers and expand sales of their products with regional and national retailers.
To be successful, you’ll need to learn quickly, stay on top of new e-commerce trends, and be a motivated independent worker. This is a remote position with flexible PTO, full health benefits, 401k match, phone allowance, and a company laptop. Even better, you’ll work among smart people with lots of motivation and great ideas.
The Account Executive is responsible for managing e-commerce food and refreshment sales programs, promotional strategies and strategic planning initiatives within a specific department of the business to ensure that all online sales targets are met. This position works closely with the client and ecommerce portal. This primary focus is to work collaboratively with our client and Ecommerce partner. This incumbent may be dedicated to servicing (1) to several significant clients, while also encompassing customer relations and implementation. A successful person in this role will have a strong analytics background, who can take large amounts of information, synthesize this information, to develop, communicate and lead the actions across the organization that produces the identified opportunities.
Revenue Budget Achievement
• Achieve P&L targets; manage business for each client(s) assigned.
• Implement technical Ecommerce marketing strategies and analyze trends and results to achieve department/client income and expense budget goals.
• Monitor and drive revenue growth through efficient management of promotional spending within guidelines on assigned lines; identify opportunities and align business unit resources to secure those opportunities.
Client Quota Achievement
• Meet and/or exceed Client’s goals for online sales, distribution, pricing, and promotional volume.
• Identify and provide standard available services to support the “Customer as Clients.”
• Launch Ecommerce strategies to pursue new opportunities.
Client Key Performance Indicators Achievement
• Manage and maximize manufacturer marketing/promotional opportunities to achieve sales goals while staying within financial guidelines using excel and pivot table reporting.
• Secures Client approved online strategy for all Clients’ brands by providing directions and communication to Ecommerce portal.
• Implement customer headquarter calls and penetrate key selling opportunities.
Department Business Management
• Organize business unit team to retain and expand upon all client relationships.
• Assist team to navigate in the larger ASM organization to align needed resources and support to ensure specific client and/or customer initiative success.
• Facilitate communication, opportunities, challenges, and workflow to other team members and attend all Client meetings and reviews
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Business or Marketing
5-8 years of experience in applicable field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Strong background in CPG
• Strong analytical skills
• Exposure across all Ecommerce business functions, including, but not limited to Marketing, Search, Content, and Financials.
• Prior work with a Ecommerce company supporting the grocery space is a plus.
• Comfortable with numbers – budgeting and financial management, trade strategy execution.
• Gains energy from empowerment and igniting change.
• Driven – self-starter who can run on their own.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change management.
• Strong sales presentation and development skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written communication and verbal communication skills.
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
• Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships.
• Working knowledge of syndicated data.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Ecommerce, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements: Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.