We are looking for a motivated SEO specialist intern who wants to link SEO practices and tactics to ROI. This person must have an understanding of performance based marketing and some experience with website analytics tools. We are looking for someone who likes to follows the trends of the search space and can stay ahead of the curve when it comes to optimization and campaign management. You will be responsible for all campaign reporting. Senior team members will drive strategy and optimization but seek your thoughts and recommendations. This is a great opportunity to get your hands dirty and create a lasting impact on our growth and market share.
If you don’t know Saatva yet, you will. And you’ll help make that happen. In 2010, Saatva disrupted the mattress industry when we became the first brand to sell luxury mattresses online. Today, at $220 million in annual revenues, Saatva is one of the fastest-growing mattress companies in the world, despite only 2% brand awareness. Imagine what we can do with 25%.
- Writing and optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in organic campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics.
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization.
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations.
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links.
- Develop and implement link building strategy.
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Complete other duties, tasks and activities as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree or actively pursuing a degree
- Strong Excel skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills for articulating needs and opportunities with nontechnical audiences
- Excellent grammar, editing and English skills
- Some exposure to web diagnostic tools
- Experience working with tag management platforms and data layers
- Ability to explain the value of SEO and display progress on a monthly basis beyond reporting and data
- Team player and go-getter attitude
- Understanding of SEM and how it can integrate within an SEO strategy
- Basic knowledge of PHP, HTML, XML
- Experience with Moz, SEMRush, Brightedge, Screaming Frog & other SEO tools
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills, attitude, and experience versus strict interpretation of “requirements.”
Offerings and culture:
• $15/hour 30 hours/wk
• Fun, dog-friendly workspace in South Austin
About The Saatva Company
Founded in 2010, The Saatva Company is a rapidly growing e-commerce company that designs and develops affordable luxury, eco-responsible mattresses at a fraction of retail prices. Saatva has been ranked by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies for three consecutive years and by Internet Retailer as the fifth fastest growing e-retailer in the 2016 Top 500 Guide, ahead of Fitbit, the Honest Company, and Wayfair.
The Saatva Company umbrella includes four luxury brands — Saatva innerspring mattress, Loom & Leaf ultra-premium memory foam mattress, Zenhaven all-natural Talalay latex mattress, and our Lineal adjustable bed frame.
Why work with us:
At Saatva, we do more than just sell mattresses. We believe in working together as a team to achieve our greatest potential—and having a good time in the process. We are committed to a diverse and friendly learning environment that drives personal as well as professional growth, as we take on one of the country’s most established industries.
The Saatva Company is an equal opportunity employer.