Technical Product Owner
The Saatva Company — Austin, TX
The Saatva Company
is seeking a full-time Technical Product Owner with Technical Project Management experience to work in our Austin, TX office. This position reports to our Director of Projects.
This is a multidisciplinary role that will be focused on tactically owning and driving cross-functional projects from end-to-end as a product owner for evergreen projects in our Hybrid PMO organization. The work is focused on partnering with marketing, creative, software engineering, data analytics, product/logistics, and customer service teams all while while also leveraging best practices and exceptional multi-level stakeholder management skills.
The ideal candidate is easy to work with, a great communicator, and is seasoned at working with internal stakeholders. You are a problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment where priorities often shift. This is a dynamic position with excellent growth potential.
Required Skills and Experience
- Has 4-5 years Project Management experience managing complex multifaceted projects with dispersed cross-functional teams from end-to-end
- 2-3 years of success as a Product Owner
- Experience with SDLC and PDLC lifecycle methodologies
- Successfully worked in Agile and Waterfall with an ability to balance the best of both in a Lean and Hybrid PMO
- Excellent documentation skills using Atlassian Confluence & Jira, Smartsheet, Asana, GSuite, and other Cloud-based PM tools
- Attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills interfacing with executives to individual contributors to regularly communicate and manage expectations and progress
- Excellent people, facilitation, and teamwork skills along with exceptional written and oral communication skills (verbal/presentation/written)
- Ability to create clarity from chaos while balancing and throttling the big picture value against the details
- Cultivates positive working relationships to facilitate tactical focus on execution
- Strong command of digital marketing, creative process, and software development
- Familiarity with B2C ecommerce and startup work environments
- Holds a CSM, CSPO, and PMP (bonus)
- Intrinsically motivated and results-oriented
- Naturally a proactive self-starter requiring little supervision but amenable to feedback
- Very adaptable to change and flexible in whatever situation
- Zen-like ability to remain calm, diplomatic, and cooperative under stressful conditions
- A relentlessly positive disposition and with a great sense of humor
- Values teamwork and can balance the work hard and play hard mentality
Offerings and culture:
- Competitive salary and benefits (Salary is DOE + competitive market rates)
- Fun, open, dog-friendly community-style workspace
- Fully stocked kitchen for lunches and snacks
- Regular and fun team happy hours and company celebrations
- Fast-growing start-up company with excellent growth opportunity
The Saatva Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About The Saatva Company
- Founded in 2010, The Saatva Company is a rapidly growing e-commerce company that designs and develops affordable luxury, eco-responsible mattresses at a fraction of retail prices disrupting the mattress retail space. We're committed to delivering the most comfortable, durable, and affordable luxury mattress without the drama or expense associated with mattress retailers.
- Saatva has been ranked by Inc Magazine as one of the fastest growing private companies for three consecutive years and was also ranked by Internet Retailer as the 5th fastest growing e-retailer in the 2016 Top 500 Guide, ahead of Fitbit, the Honest Company, and Wayfair.
- The Saatva Company umbrella includes four luxury brands — Saatva innerspring mattress, Loom & Leaf ultra-premium memory foam mattress, Zenhaven all-natural Talaylay latex mattress, and our Lineal adjustable bed frame.
Why work with us:
- We do more than sell mattresses. At Saatva, we believe in working together to achieve our best. Our skilled and seasoned team offers a diverse and friendly learning environment that drives personal growth as we take on one of the largest industries. But we also know how to have a good time. From our pet-friendly workplace to our team happy hours, we like taking the time to get to know our team and what makes them happy.