- Basic-Plus Reciprocal Safety Council Training
- Valid Drivers License
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- 5 or more years of industrial experience
Journeyman Millwrights for Industrial Facilities Projects in East Houston, TX. (Ship Channel area). Salary commensurate with experience.
- Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings, and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools.
- Must have all Journeyman Precision Millwright hand tools – see tool list attachment
- Minimum 4-5 years industrial construction/maintenance experience
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work 7 days as needed.
- Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to: ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors etc.
- Will plan, inspect, verify and document scope of work
- Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
- Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
- Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
- Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails
- Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Operates engine lathes, grinders, and files.
- May construct foundations for machinery
- Fabricates and installs parts, equipment, and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
- Turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come alongs to move equipment / materials into place
- Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
- Follows direction from supervisor
- Other duties as assigned
DISA Drug Test will be required
- Establish and maintain relationships with team members to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and long-term relations with Rush Resources.
- Demonstrate and uphold all of Rush Resources' core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation, and growth.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Physical Demands or Unusual Working Conditions:
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, for extended periods, is required.
- Ability to climb a minimum of 75 feet
- Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs
- Ability to apply a pushing and pulling force in excess of 50 lbs
- Ability to work in high, precarious places
- Ability to work in confined spaces
This role is subject to the Transportation Workers Identification Credentialing (TWIC) rule and requires the successful candidate to obtain a TWIC identification badge, allowing for unescorted access to the facility within a specific time period.This role is subject to a pre-hire physical abilities test.
We are an equal opportunity employer; M/F/D/V; except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Salary: $36.00 to $40.00 /hour