IT Project Manager
Project management at RTS Labs is uniquely fluid, varied, demanding, and rewarding. Our PMs serve their project teams with traditional PM scheduling and coordination, but also extend significantly into client-facing communications, informal team leadership, and sometimes buying pizza on release night. We’re also blazing the trail with project delivery and process improvement for a rapidly growing company.
A successful RTS Project Manager is detail-oriented, client-focused, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You are a team player, you speak up when something needs to be changed, and you are not afraid to get in the weeds. We need our PMs to have experience in the IT industry, defining and building requirements, understanding basic application architecture, and managing multiple client relationships.
RTS Labs culture:
Our teams work in an environment with plenty of room for magic, enthusiasm, and personal growth. Your ideas will be encouraged, and you will have the power to shape the direction of the company. There are no closed doors, no rigid office hours, and no big egos. We offer a hard-working but fun and casual workplace with few meetings, sincere camaraderie, and functional creativity.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Ability to influence, lead, and serve a team of highly-skilled and experienced software developers
- Understanding of basic web architecture and software technologies (you don’t have to code, but understand the basics to manage projects)
- Ability to work with clients in a variety of business domains to understand technology needs (requirements elicitation)
- Can translate client needs into business and technical documentation (requirements documentation)
- Build strong and lasting relationships with clients based on trust (business development)
- Understand that not every problem requires the same solution or approach (project methods). Experience with Agile software development
- Solve challenges with out-of-the-box thinking (analytic and problem-solving skills)
- Capability and comfort with detail-oriented juggling across multiple simultaneous projects
- Know how to keep clients updated, identify and mitigate roadblocks and deliver projects within the constraints (solid project management skills)
- Experience writing proposals and statements of work
- A bachelor’s degree in computer or information science (or equivalent experience)
And you prefer a working environment that offers:
- A technically proficient, learning-oriented culture
- A hard-working but casual workplace with straight talk, few meetings, and a get-it-done philosophy
- A flat management organization where everyone takes full responsibility, where we hold each other accountable
Final official-sounding bits about RTS Labs:
RTS Labs is a dynamic, rapidly-growing software development company specializing in web, mobile, cloud, data analytics, Salesforce, and big data. We build great relationships with our clients and we develop innovative solutions to solve their needs.
We offer competitive salaries based on experience and benefits including 401(k), health, vision, life insurance, and short-term disability.
Job Type: Full-time