Richmond, VA, USA
Have you been looking for a solid, rapid-growing software development company to match you talents?
RTS Labs is looking for a Java Developer. We need an out-of-the-box thinker with demonstrated intermediate web development skills and strong Computer Science fundamentals.
We are a solid, fast-growing software development company specializing in Custom product development, Data Science and Analytics, and Salesforce Development. We have plenty of room for enthusiasm and personal growth. Your ideas will be encouraged, and you will have the power to shape the direction of RTS Labs.
At RTS, we offer a hard-working but casual workplace. There are no closed doors, no rigid office hours and no space for big egos. Just talented engineers working as a fantastic team.
What you can offer us
- You solve challenges with out-of-the-box thinking.
- You love to learn and share your insights — nobody is perfect, and we can all learn from each other.
- You know what it means to be a team player.
- You build relationships with clients based on trust and expertise .
- You reliably manage yourself — you build your own role and know when things need to get done.
- You write modern, sleek code you are proud of and we can be proud of.
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- An open office environment with flexible hours and space to grow
- 401k / Company Match
- Gym Membership, Quarterly Team events and catered lunches
- Health, vision and life insurance
- Sustainable work pace for better work life balance
- Lifelong Learning - Annual training and conference budget to stay current and learn new skills
- Self-managed teams full of talented, thoughtful, hard-working builders
“Leadership maintains active interest in employees' well-being, both physical and professional.”
~ Current software developer at RTS Labs
What you should bring to the table
We value the ‘soft’ skills above, but we do have a set of minimum requirements for our next Java Developer:
- Strong knowledge of Java or other JVM based languages (Ex: Kotlin, Scala).
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing with an eye towards maintainability.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, data modeling.
- Demonstrated intermediate web development skills including: REST, MVC, web application security, JPA.
- Experience with Spring or Java EE (Jakarta EE) framework.
- Familiarity with co-development environments and source control (like GIT).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
To apply, please provide your current resume and a portfolio, Github or other information highlighting recent work and abilities.