RStudio creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
The mission of our Finance team is to provide high quality, timely, accurate, clear and complete financial statements, analyses and financial information in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in order to meet the Company’s internal, external and regulatory financial reporting obligations. We operate with high-integrity and provide our internal and external stakeholders with responsive, direct and honest communication.
As we grow, we are looking to add another member to this talented and dedicated team. The Accounts Payable Associate will play a key role in our growing team by supporting our Senior Accountant in managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the Company. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working for a high growth software company in an accounts payable function.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounts Payable Associate will be responsible for daily accounts payable tasks, performing a variety of accounting functions, such as setting up and maintaining vendor accounts, processing vendor invoices, and payments. In this position as Accounts Payable Associate you will also be responsible for expense report processing and our corporate credit card program. This role will interface with other functional areas of the organization including People Operations, Sales and Marketing.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Inputting invoices into the accounting system, including posting to proper business unit, department and account codes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensuring that all approved invoices are prioritized and paid in accordance with the vendors payment terms.
- Perform month-end AP closing duties, including developing/maintaining payable aging reports, preparing journal entries, accrual entries, and reconciliations.
- Ensuring only approved vendors are established in the accounting system.
- Ensure proper vendor reporting - W9 and 1099 documentation and processing.
- Initiating electronic funds transfer requests, check requests, and wire transfer requests.
- Reconciling vendor statements; researching and correcting discrepancies; responding to vendor inquiries.
- Maintaining documentation thoroughly and accurately,
- Review and record employee expense reports and ensure the proper documentation is included.
- Reconciles Company’s corporate credit card accounts, ensure charges are supported and assists in the management of the corporate credit card program.
- Establishing good relationships across departments and business units to obtain proper approvals for invoices.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant accounts payable financial experience; including interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently in a remote office environment and meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with NetSuite, Microsoft Excel and expense reporting software desired.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary with great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered), 401k matching, home office allowance, 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents, and a profit-sharing plan.
- 100% remote (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston), minimal travel
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with the tools to do your best work
- Flexible environment with a “take what you need” vacation policy
Working at RStudio:
- The people of RStudio share a common set of beliefs that inform our work:
- Three powerful forces —the enthusiastic engagement we enjoy from our open-source community; the trusted relationships we have built with our commercial customers; and the well-being and commitment of our team — carry equal weight in how we define and measure our success.
- We make thoughtful and sustainable financial decisions, because the long-term health of our business is what will enable us to deliver work that benefits our community, our customers, and our team for years to come.
- We don’t believe in hierarchical command and control. RStudio is bound together by our shared mission, not an office address or set of organizational charts.
- While we insist on producing consistently excellent work, we know that the journey to get there may be different for each person and team. We provide space for both focused time and active collaboration in our day-to-day work.
- We treat our customers, community members, and colleagues with kindness, humility, transparency, and integrity. We also try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are committed to maintaining a respectful, inclusive, and open environment that enables amazing contributions — not just within our own company, but across the global, diverse communities and customers that we serve.
We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.