RStudio is seeking its next Software Engineer to join the RStudio Connect team! Connect was just released in 2017, so you’ll be helping to shape the direction of the product as we build it. You’ll be joining a team of passionate, talented developers who have a proven track record of producing great software used by hundreds of thousands of data analysts worldwide.
Many of us feel that we’ve found our home for the next decade. This motivates us to take a long-term approach to our work: writing clean, maintainable code, investing in automated testing, and building in budgets for technical debt. This also motivates us to value mentorship; we want our most junior engineers to be in a position to mentor others and to independently take on more responsibilities in the coming years. We love it when our engineers take full ownership of a feature and drive it from design through validation.
RStudio takes open-source seriously, and makes heavy investments into open-source software in the R community. You’ll be working with a variety of cutting-edge technologies like Go and Angular. But if you’re the kind of developer we’re looking for, you’ll be able to learn the necessary languages and technologies as you go so we’re not worried about which ones you know on day one.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with Linux
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Based in the United States
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with at least one cloud computing platform
- Experience building and shipping on-premise enterprise software
- Exposure to data science or the R programming language
- 100% remote (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston), minimal travel
- Competitive salary with great benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance (100% of premiums covered), 401k matching, a home office allowance, and a profit-sharing system.
- Pick your hardware — we want to equip you with what you need to do your best work
- Flexible environment with a “take what you need” vacation policy