RStudio websites receive millions of visitors. People come to learn about and download our open source and commercial products. We are looking for someone to manage our properties, help us understand and nurture visitor interest, and optimize their journeys.
If you have done web design / development, implemented modern digital marketing practices, write well / can work with others to keep content fresh and effective, and can analyze / improve traffic, RStudio could be the perfect place for you!
As Webmaster and Digital Marketer you will own our website(s). You will create pages including copy and other relevant assets using Wordpress (initially) and HTML and markdown document authoring. You will direct and execute all aspects of our website digital marketing activities, including SEO / SEM, display advertising, and A/B testing. You will analyze results with Google and R. Best of all, you are a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to perform autonomously.
- Web design, development, and management of the corporate website(s) properties.
- Maintain, expand, and scale our site, potentially including localized versions and migrating from a CMS (Wordpress) backend to a hand-tuned HTML and markdown authored website(s) that improves visitor experiences
- Gather requirements and create website pages/landing pages/HTML email templates by using standard PHP/HTML/CSS practices and modern frameworks.
- Troubleshoot front-end and back-end issues with team members and external vendors
- Execute and maintain SEO / SEM strategies
- Optimize conversions through detailed analysis, creation of call-to-action points, A/B testing and analytics, leading to improvement of all conversion points in the marketing funnel
- Manage our paid digital marketing efforts, achieving marketing ROI goals through vigorous testing, analysis and compelling ad copy
- Analyze website and digital marketing performance data with available tools, including Google analytics and R
- Create and maintain documentation and best practices for all.
- 3+ years in a website management experience in a B2B capacity with one or more websites you have built or overseen that we can all get excited about
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including server setup, security, development best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Familiarity with content delivery networks.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization processes, display advertising, A/B testing.
- Proficient in Web analytic and keyword tools with Google Analytics
- R Language experience, including Shiny and R Markdown
- Bachelor degree (or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science or Marketing
Really helpful if you also have:
- Track record of building experiment-intensive website strategies
- A few sites that we can look at and get excited about
- A passion for puzzling through complex marketing attribution problems and discerning actionable truth from sometimes murky facts
- Experience working with remote people and teams
- A quasi-religious devotion to performance-based marketing