Hydraulic/Drainage Engineer job description & responsibilities
As Hydraulic Engineer, you will be responsible for:
1 – Job Duties:
- Develop temporary drainage design: evaluate design return period definition of design rainfall, transformation from rainfall to runoff, infiltration in the ground estimation, time uniform and time dependent calculations, calculation of hydraulic capacity of a stream, arrangement of drains in plan.
- Support and development of hydraulic calculations for local dewatering operations.
- Prepare calculation reports.
- Supervise and review drawings prepared by draftsmen
- Liaise and establish bond with the other departments, sub-contractors and our consultant.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by your Supervisor / Manager.
- Reports to the Design and Engineering Manager
- Follow-up on EMMP, prepare reporting on dredging spill activities and forecast.
2 – Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree on Civil / Hydraulic Engineering
- 2 - 5 years relevant working experience
- Knowledge and previous experience on Singapore regulation on drainage and hydraulic works
- Detailed, with excellent problem solving skills, proactive, good team player and able to meet tight deadline.
- Good interpersonal.
- Coordinate and work with other departments.