· To promote and manage the vessels’ health, safety and environment compliance.
· To ensure that the vessels are able to perform their voyages and operations.
· To arrange and manage audits and inspections required by the ISM, ISPS and MLC.
· To arrange and manage vetting inspections, including submissions onto the OCIMF SIRE online platform.
· To oversee the vessels’ navigational matters, including approval of passage plans and conduct of navigation audits.
· To ensure compliance with terminal, operators, oil majors and charterers’ requirements.
· To liaise with and manage matters in relation to Flag State and Port State.
· To ensure that Q88 and HVPQ are updated at all times.
· To advise on changes to regulations, requirements and industry best practices.
· To monitor, review and update the company’s SMS.
· To provide vessels with guidance and information regarding the above.
· To provide support, training and enforcement in respect of crew competency and discipline.
· To provide support in respect of queries regarding vessels’ capabilities and performances.
· To prepare, implement and enforcing TMSA documentation, procedures and processes.
· To prepare and manage department budget.
· Member of company’s emergency response team.
· Attend to projects and tasks as assigned.
· Seagoing experience as a Master (at least CoC class 1 or 2), with at least 3 years of experience of shore experience in relation to safety, health and environment management and compliance for product or chemical tankers.
· Familiar with international and local maritime regulations and requirements.
· Strong sense of integrity and professionalism.
· Excellent leadership, teamwork, management and communication skills.
Able to motivate and inspire people.