Now Hiring: Associate Creative Director (Full-Time / Los Angeles, CA)
ROSEWOOD is looking for an Associate Creative Director who will oversee responsibilities including but not limited to: leading ideation and development of campaign creative, overseeing and mentoring a team of three direct reports (Creative and Design), and ensuring that the output quality of all content from copywriting to videography to photography is on brand and resonant with the target audience.
The Associate Creative Director will need to be a seasoned storyteller with a deep understanding of what is shaping youth culture locally and globally. The ideal candidate will need to have their finger on the pulse of trends in the worlds of music and entertainment while being creatively nimble in a fast-paced social landscape and managing/delegating work across many projects at once. You will have a proven track record of mentoring and motivating teammates, communicating effectively and directly with clients as well as internal teammates, and meeting tight deadlines across multiple priority projects.
- Concept, craft and execute great ideas incorporating new digital trends, pop culture and entertainment happenings.
- Oversee and mentor a team of three direct reports (Creative and Design), plus an extended team of five, working closely on concepts and direction.
- Articulate concepts and executions in writing with rationale.
- Lead and oversee the creation of all pitch decks, scripts and treatments.
- Work closely with the Account and Production teams to prioritize requests.
- Work on both the creative and strategic aspects of all projects.
- Drive best practices across all social and media platforms.
- Ensure detail-oriented quality control with all concepts and versions.
- Effectively communicate challenges and opportunities up to VP, Creative.
- Oversee maintenance of internal digital asset management system.
- Continually survey and discuss art and cultural trends and happenings.
- Relentlessly develop and enhance your creative directing and leadership skill sets.
- 5-8 years of experience developing strategic creative for brands.
- Superior presentation and communication skills.
- Global perspective - ability to work across time zones and lead creative across multiple locations.
- Well-versed in non-scripted storytelling and structure.
- Experience copywriting and managing Associate Art Directors/Copywriters on written proposals and storytelling content.
- Experience directing visual elements of a campaign involving photography and video.
- Strong affinity for culture and deep knowledge of music, sports, art and fashion.
- Experience working on branded content and within the Gen Z marketing space.
- Be culturally connected to ensure client’s content is in line with the intended Gen Z target demographic.
- Solid understanding of strategy and how data informs creative.
- Deep understanding of best practices in social and traditional advertising.
- Proficient in Keynote, Google Drive, Adobe CS and Trello.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and go-getter attitude.
- A passion for music, entertainment and culture.
- Commitment to serving the client by working nonstandard hours when necessary.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment with enthusiastic teammates.